Steps for creating a new or changing an existing
Billing Document Types
Create/Change your Billing types configuration in
Some of the IMG stuff are :-
1) To block automatic transfer of the billing document to accounting, mark
Indicates whether the system blocks automatic transfer of the billing
During document processing, you can manually transfer blocked billing
accounting by selecting:
Billing -> Change -> Release accounting
2) Account determination procedure
3) Output determination procedure etc. ...
After customizing, use transaction VCHECKVOFA
to check your configuration :-
1) Proforma billing types: If it is a proforma billing type, (VBTYP = U), the
be blank and the account determination procedure must be empty.
2) Cancellation billing document types: : A check is made to see if the
billing document type has the right VBTYP. An F2 invoice, for example, (VBTYP
can only be canceled with billing type S1 with VBTYP 'N' . A billing type
VBTYP '5' can only be canceled with the VBTYP '6' and vice versa.
3) Cancellation billing document type partner functions A check is made to
see if the
cancellation billing document type partner functions are empty or if those
correspond to the billing type used are empty.
Next, make sure that you maintain the copy control for the Billing Types:
Sales documents in VTFA
e.g. F1 - Invoice OR - Standard Sales Order
F1 - Invoice ZOR - Your Sales Order
Billing documents in VTFF
e.g. G2 - Debit Memo F1 - Invoice
G2 - Debit Memo F2 - Invoice
Deliveries in VTFL
e.g. F1 - Invoice LF - Delivery
F1 - Invoice ZOR - Your Delivery