Difference for Stock Transfer and Transfer Posting
Questions: difference between transfer postings and stock
transfers. What are the material documents that are generated and what are the
Stock Transfer = physically stock transfer of goods,
Trasfer posting = may physical (or) logical (not physical) stock transfer of
Transfer posting and stock transfer:
Transfer posting : plant to plant/ Storage location to Storage Location.
In which if the valuation area is same. i.e.
- Sloc to Sloc within one plant then there will be no accounting entry
- However if the its Sloc to Sloc but with two different plant. and valuation
area+valuation price is diff then there will accounting doc and material doc
created for the same.
There are unrestricted stock, quality inspection stock, blocked stock. Also
you can have GR Blocked stock, special stock too. It will update the
Stock Tranfer and Transfer Posting - Importances are same up to Plant to
Plant . However Customer ( Client ) Prefer Stock Transfer than Transfer
See the Below Advantages of Stock Transfer more than Transfer Postings :
The transfer of stock using a stock transport order has the following advantages
over the transfer of stock without a stock transport order:
- A goods receipt can be planned in the receiving plant.
- You can enter a vendor (transport vendor) in the stock transport order.
- Delivery costs can be entered in the stock transport order.
- The stock transfer order is part of MRP: Purchase requisitions that were
created in MRP can be converted into stock transport orders.
- The goods issue can be entered using a delivery via Shipping (LE-SHP
- The goods receipt can be posted directly to consumption.
- The entire process can be monitored via the purchase order history.
However we need to do some times Plant to Plant Trasfer Postings only in some
industires. This is based on Customer
How many stock transfer process are avaikable in SAP? Like 1)Two step stock transfer (MM/SD) . 2)Two steap stock transfer ( MM only) Move type 303& 305. 3) One step stock transfer Move type 301.
Stock Transport Order (STO)
One step stock transfer Move type 301.
Two step stock transfer ( MM only) Move type 303& 305.
Using STO without delivery:
STO with delivery:
STO with delivery and billing:
delivery type:NLCC , billing type:IV