In order to send PO, your Basis team must configure the system first so that
external email can be send out from SAP. If it is not configured, no settings
you do on MM will work.
1. You must maintain email address in vendor master data.
2. The same applies to your user master data. For the output type for
default values, a communication strategy needs
to be maintained in the Customizing that supports the e-mail. You can find the
definition of the communication strategy in the
Customizing via the following path:
(SPRO -> IMG -> SAP Web Application Server -> Basic Services -> Message
Control -> Define Communication Strategy).
As a default, communication strategy CS01 is delivered. This already contains
the necessary entry for the external communication. Bear in mind that without a
suitable communication strategy it is not possible to communicate with a partner
via Medium 5 (external sending).
3. Use the standard SAP environment (program 'SAPFM06P', FORM routine 'ENTRY_NEU'
and form 'MEDRUCK') as the processing routines.
4. In the condition records for the output type (for example, Transaction
MN04), use medium '5' (External send).
5. You can use Transaction SCOT to trigger the output manually. The
prerequisite for a correct sending is that the node is set correctly. This is
not described here, but it must have already been carried out.
6. To be able to display, for example, the e-mail in Outlook, enter PDF as
the format in the node.