A BOM is not exploded in the following situations:
- No BOM is effective:
-- On the explosion date and in the given area of validity
For the given effectivity parameters
- The BOM has a deletion indicator.
- The BOM is a multiple BOM, and has no alternative that matches the lot size
for your required quantity.
- No BOM matches the selection criteria of the BOM application you selected.
- This is possible in the following situations, for example:
-- The application does not take all BOM usages into account.
For example, the application only takes BOMs that are relevant to production
into account, so a BOM that is relevant to sales and distribution is not
-- The application selects a specific alternative on the explosion date you
require. The material master record supports alternative determination by
If the specified alternative is not valid on the explosion date, the BOM is not
-- The application takes production versions in the material master record
into account, but no production version has a BOM that is valid on the explosion
date you require. The material master record supports alternative determination
by Production version.
The system only explodes the BOM defined for the production version that matches
the alternative and/or usage entered on the explosion date required.
-- The application only takes BOMs with certain status indicators into
For example, the application for MRP only explodes BOMs that have at least the
status Explosion for MRP.
- Do the proper Scheduling in Routing (Backward/forward). In md61 give the
requirement in next month.check your in-house production, planned delivery time
in md02 give MRP Control parameter Rexplode BOM and Routing.
- Check BOM explosion data in MRP4 view of material master view ( Individual/Coll